Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Smoke EP Released Under Phatal Records

A few years in the making, Smoke dropped appropriately on 4/20, 2010. The project serves as Phatal Records' and Blastphumis' official debut. "The album is called Smoke for a lot of reasons," he says. "Smoke is always the first signal that a fire is coming. [It also symbolizes] I've inhaled life and I'm exhaling it." All tracks on the project were produced by Phatal Record's very own in-house producer, Michael "Awkward Silence" Saltzman. Local collaborations include tracks co-written and performed by GYPC ("Crooked") and Yung E ("All My Life") of Likeblood Entertainment, and album cover art work by Felix Osuchukwu and Miles Bumbray -- all of whom, along with Blastphumis and Awkward Silence, are alumni of Duke Ellington School of the Arts in Washington, D.C. Also featured on the album is Eze Jackson, frontman of Baltimore's experimental hip-hop band, Soul Cannon, in "Show Me Love." "I want [listeners] to understand that this is my 'early work,'" Blastphumis says. "I hit a lot of real life subjects; for this first project I had a lot of sh-- to get off my chest real quick." See what music bloggers are saying about the Smoke EP and other Phatal press here!

No comments:

Post a Comment